Search found 1055 matches
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:04 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: High efficiency condensor for C5 vette
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6600
Re: High efficiency condensor for C5 vette
Is it common for 12oz cans to be short on refrigerant? I've never heard of that.
Someone mentioned that a few years ago, think it was on this site. At that time, I had maybe 8 12-oz cans of R134a around and found them all OK.
On the other hand, I also feel that one can only deliver about 11 oz ...
- Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:50 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Anyone have any experience with Amazon/ebay compressors?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5605
Re: Anyone have any experience with Amazon/ebay compressors?
Personally, I have made purchases from ACkits.com.
My 1988 Mazda truck still runs the evaporator I bought about 2000 plus the brand-new compressor and expansion valve from 2014, still R-12.
I believe I've purchased three other compressors for other vehicles through them, and my co-worker bought two ...
My 1988 Mazda truck still runs the evaporator I bought about 2000 plus the brand-new compressor and expansion valve from 2014, still R-12.
I believe I've purchased three other compressors for other vehicles through them, and my co-worker bought two ...
- Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:59 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: 1978 F150 output temperature variation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2885
Re: 1978 F150 output temperature variation
Were those pressures measured at about 2000 rpm? Pressures measured at idle speed are not as useful.57chevyeddie wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2026 7:56 pm The guages read 35-40 low side and 275 high side with ambient temperature around 90 degrees.
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 7:30 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: 1978 F150 output temperature variation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2885
Re: 1978 F150 output temperature variation
Disclaimer: I'm not an AC professional.
If my truck, I'd test the fan clutch first.
Second, when the cooling stops, I'd pull over immediately, leave engine and AC switched on, and visually check if the AC compressor drive plate (the center disc) is engaged, turning at the same speed as the outer ...
If my truck, I'd test the fan clutch first.
Second, when the cooling stops, I'd pull over immediately, leave engine and AC switched on, and visually check if the AC compressor drive plate (the center disc) is engaged, turning at the same speed as the outer ...
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 5:46 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: What Finally Worked
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3588
Re: What Finally Worked
1. Assuming that you're not AI or a "bot", I'm surprised that a shop would just replace a compressor shaft seal instead of the entire compressor. Are you in USA?
2. As I stated before, some manufacturers do add UV dye to brand new vehicles. I use a combination of electronic sniffer, UV dye/light ...
2. As I stated before, some manufacturers do add UV dye to brand new vehicles. I use a combination of electronic sniffer, UV dye/light ...
- Tue Sep 08, 2026 5:30 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
- Replies: 29
- Views: 28525
Re: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
I'm thinking that perhaps VW uses plastic caps to prevent damage to the aluminum threads.
No, it's that plastic caps are cheaper.
So if somebody overtightens the cap, the threads on the cap will strip first.
The caps have an internal rubber seal. Only an idiot would crank those super ...
- Sun Sep 06, 2026 7:17 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
- Replies: 29
- Views: 28525
Re: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
I never take offense when someone adds on to anything I post as many are more knowledgeable than I. I'm NOT an AC professional, just somewhat experienced and live in the land of AC being used 95% of the time, Arizona.
Should I take the car to a dealership, a shop that specializes in VW cars, or ...
Should I take the car to a dealership, a shop that specializes in VW cars, or ...
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 6:43 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
- Replies: 29
- Views: 28525
Re: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
Do NOT add any leak seal chemicals or refrigerant containing leak sealer/stop leak !!!!
I'd replace the schraeder valve and use a new good-quality cap after having the system re-charged by weight. I'd also look for other leaks as well. Note that there are different types of service caps for ...
I'd replace the schraeder valve and use a new good-quality cap after having the system re-charged by weight. I'd also look for other leaks as well. Note that there are different types of service caps for ...
- Sun Aug 30, 2026 6:06 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Do You Prefer Electronic Leak Detectors or UV Dye for A/C Systems?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14622
Re: Do You Prefer Electronic Leak Detectors or UV Dye for A/C Systems?
Some manufacturers add UV dye at the factory.Cindy Zhang wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2026 12:22 am And I've heard certain manufacturers won't honor warranty claims if dye was used.
- Sat Aug 22, 2026 5:26 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
- Replies: 11
- Views: 18550
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
You might also want to check the lines running from front to back. They can become corroded, degraded, and can leak, especially if they run through a wheel well.
My co-worker had a Grand Caravan from that era. He had leakage of refrigerant on the lines going/coming from the rear unit, Dodge used ...