Search found 1815 matches
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:42 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Improving vac pump perf
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3193
Re: Improving vac pump perf
Sounds like you have a nice "tight", leak-free system. A vent temp of 42°F at a 90°F ambient is excellent, especially for a C5. Here's hoping it'll last a good long time, as you mentioned.
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:16 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Parkomat System
- Replies: 3
- Views: 403
Re: Parkomat System
My goal is to run it off a belt driven compressor, I’ve plumbed all the lines but have not yet tried to draw a vacuum and/or charge the system. Taking my time so I don’t make a co$tly mistake.
A belt-driven compressor should work.
If you haven't already done so, I would remove the TXV, inspect ...
- Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:51 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: 1978 F150 output temperature variation
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7886
Re: 1978 F150 output temperature variation
First of all, I presume that your truck did not have factory-installed A/C. If that presumption is correct, then it seems that you installed one of two Classic Auto Air kits:
1. 1973-79 Ford Truck Non Factory Air - Model Specific Fit Elite Series, SKU 20-2095
2. 1973-79 Ford Truck Non Factory Air ...
1. 1973-79 Ford Truck Non Factory Air - Model Specific Fit Elite Series, SKU 20-2095
2. 1973-79 Ford Truck Non Factory Air ...
- Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:21 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Parkomat System
- Replies: 3
- Views: 403
Re: Parkomat System
As far as I know, the Parkomat system was primarily designed to cool the sleeper cabin of a tractor/trailer without the engine running to minimize noise and fuel waste. The compressor, I believe, was electrically driven by an integral motor and powered by a lead-acid battery. Other than that, the ...
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:55 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Improving vac pump perf
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3193
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:31 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Loud Screeching sound
- Replies: 6
- Views: 770
Re: Loud Screeching sound
It has been on R134a for 20 years. That is not the problem. But good point!
I don't know your car's service history (not much, anyway). But if the compressor is the original since the system's conversion to R-134a, and even before that (it could be a GM R4, which isn't known to be the greatest ...
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:08 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Loud Screeching sound
- Replies: 6
- Views: 770
Re: Loud Screeching sound
1987 Sunbird, when I switch on the ac button to activate compressor there is immediately a loud screeching sound from the comp area. It stops after about 7-8 seconds. Vents put out ice cold ac. Then, every about 5 minutes the sound comes back, then again, goes away. Could it be the loose ac belt ...
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:08 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Improving vac pump perf
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3193
Re: Improving vac pump perf
Last night I played with it some more. Connected my brand new 3-port Fieldpiece manifold and all 3 brand new Yellow Jacket Plus II hoses to vacuum. Got down to 370 microns after a few mins. Shut-off pump isolation valve and shut-off pump. Today I'm at ~750 microns, so think I'm OK in regards to ...
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:41 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Improving vac pump perf
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3193
Re: Improving vac pump perf
A reading of ~500 microns, excellent for MVAC systems, is an extremely small, measured amount of vacuum that you can't even notice on a high-quality Manifold Gauge Set's low-side gauge in Inches of Mercury (InHg). That said, temperature, pressure, and material composition can also affect outgassing ...
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:03 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Mark IV - 1960 Impala Project
- Replies: 3
- Views: 19863
Re: Mark IV - 1960 Impala Project
Outside of the historical link you provided, I'm unable to help with anything related to the Mark IV (documentation, photos, templates, etc.). However, I do want to acknowledge your posts and wish you all the best with your project.