JohnHere.....
I need to contact you privately concerning this message but I don't see a way to send you a private message?
Search found 52 matches
- Fri Sep 18, 2026 9:58 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Anyone have any experience with Amazon/ebay compressors?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10140
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 8:00 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Anyone have any experience with Amazon/ebay compressors?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10140
Re: Anyone have any experience with Amazon/ebay compressors?
I need to replace my compressor and have noticed some quite inexpensive units on Amazon. I'm sure they are all chinese clones. Are these worth it for a DIYer on a budget?
Unit I a replacing is a 6seu14c on a toyota.
Hello GMBDguy!
What a timely question.
My thoughts.....
There's a very good ...
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 4:03 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Vehicles that have dual Evaporators and dual TXV
- Replies: 0
- Views: 4963
Vehicles that have dual Evaporators and dual TXV
Hello!
Anyone ever had a failure of a rear TXV on a vehicle that had front and rear evap cores and expansion valves while the compressor, fron t TXV, drier and pressure switch were known to be working properly?
I'm azzuming that it's likely a closed single loop system whereby a clogged / blocked ...
Anyone ever had a failure of a rear TXV on a vehicle that had front and rear evap cores and expansion valves while the compressor, fron t TXV, drier and pressure switch were known to be working properly?
I'm azzuming that it's likely a closed single loop system whereby a clogged / blocked ...
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 3:03 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: What Finally Worked
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6998
Re: What Finally Worked
Thank you for posting that. I think posts like that can really help people.Cindy Zhang wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 12:00 am LOLI am a real person in China. Maybe it's just a minor issue, I think.
I'm pleasantly surprised you're posting from mainland China.
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:55 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Testing newly purchased Evap Cores and other HVAC items
- Replies: 2
- Views: 16091
Re: Testing newly purchased Evap Cores and other HVAC items
Thanks. Works for me.
The one I use for AC testing was never used for any brake work. I wouldn't want to accidentally contaminate AC lines with brake fluid.
These vacuum pumps are cheap enough to afford one for this purpose fortunately.
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:52 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24755
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
For those with a Gen 4 Dodge Caravan (2001-2007)
Also applies to Gen 3 Chrysler minivans from 1996-2000.
(And most vehicles generally speaking)
If you do not have a Dodge Caravan this might be of no interest or value to you? You might want to skip (TL/DR),
Sometimes on these vehicles (actually any ...
Also applies to Gen 3 Chrysler minivans from 1996-2000.
(And most vehicles generally speaking)
If you do not have a Dodge Caravan this might be of no interest or value to you? You might want to skip (TL/DR),
Sometimes on these vehicles (actually any ...
- Sat Sep 12, 2026 8:06 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Low side with high pressure and High side with 150psi
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7038
Re: Low side with high pressure and High side with 150psi
That vehicle uses R134a refrigerant.
Pressures when the vehicle is not running should be very close to the Ambient temperature in F at your location.
300psi with the vehicle not running might might indicate an overcharge condition.
Low side at 100psi when running sounds too high to me.
But the ...
Pressures when the vehicle is not running should be very close to the Ambient temperature in F at your location.
300psi with the vehicle not running might might indicate an overcharge condition.
Low side at 100psi when running sounds too high to me.
But the ...
- Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:31 am
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24755
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
My pleasure!Tim wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2026 4:39 pm Diametric
Thank you for the donation to the forum. It's much appreciated.
Nothing worthwhile is free.
Maintaining a forum is more work than those who've never run one might imagine.
Thanks for this great resource!
- Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:18 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
- Replies: 29
- Views: 43185
Re: 2013 VW Golf GTI A/C - Slow Leak
Hello jfklein!
At the same time you're dealing with your GTI slow leak, I also had a slow leak on my 2001 Dodge Caravan.
In my case it was a bad high side port. I was able to unscrew the old one and install a brand new one.
I also found that all the rubber O-rings at the evaporator were all smushed ...
At the same time you're dealing with your GTI slow leak, I also had a slow leak on my 2001 Dodge Caravan.
In my case it was a bad high side port. I was able to unscrew the old one and install a brand new one.
I also found that all the rubber O-rings at the evaporator were all smushed ...
- Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:08 pm
- Forum: Automotive Air Conditioning Forum
- Topic: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24755
Re: Dodge Grand Caravan AC - 2001
Since this is a Dodge Caravan specific thread.....
If you are working on a 2001 that has the electronic sensor mounted on the expansion valve....
Be extra careful to pay attention to the sensor connector that goes to the air intake bellows at the throttle body and the connector that goes to the ...
If you are working on a 2001 that has the electronic sensor mounted on the expansion valve....
Be extra careful to pay attention to the sensor connector that goes to the air intake bellows at the throttle body and the connector that goes to the ...